back to article Microsoft AJAX framework shrugs free

Microsoft has at last slipped out its AJAX architecture, but the latest addition to the Web 2.0 milieu faces a long march towards broad uptake. The ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 framework, previously codenamed Atlas, provides a set of libraries for building rich interfaces and web applications on the Microsoft stack. ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 can …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Andrew Booth

"Microsoft will need to do more"... odd take

Blogs like Ajaxian are less read by ASP.NET developers, more by the Ruby Rails and PHP crowd. So I wouldn't read too much into their 4% usage figure. And the reason some ASP.NET developers may have held off was the Beta status of Atlas. Now with the AJAX Extensions baked into ASP.NET I believe the uptake will be significant. Microsoft are moving very quickly with these frameworks, whilst I honestly believe that - following the leaps and bounds Prototype and Ruby Rails may have made during 2005/2006, they could easily stumble in 2007 - I think many developers will come to realise the innovative end-to-end developer environment that Microsoft has built.

I feel this article was rushed and took an obviously negative line. Especially with "APS.NET" (sic) being mentioned!

This topic is closed for new posts.