back to article Best Buy amps up Apple volumes

Best Buy is to start selling Apple PCs in 200 stores, the electronics retailer said today. This follows successful trials conducted in 50 stores. Best Buy sold Apple computers once before but axed the line in 1998 because of slow sales, the AP reports. That was at a low ebb for Apple. Soon afterwards the company axed most of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. David Gagnon

Best Buy China does sell Apple already

I am actually quite surprised by this news item. I've thought Best Buy already sold Apple PCs because there's a Best Buy that opened here in Shanghai several months ago and they already have quite a huge Apple section. I must also add that these Apple machines seem to sell quite well too!

2. foof

Canada too

Best Buy Canada has been selling Macs for a long time too. It seems only the US was left out.

3. kain preacher

what happened

What happened in the states was apple deiced it could make more money selling directly. It was major event. Local partners sued apple. They were told over night nope, you cant sell apples any more. They said this all to but a few select retailers. The mom and pop stores that sold only apples got screwed.

This topic is closed for new posts.