back to article Opera brings 'speed dial' to browsers

Browser maker Opera has added a "speed dial" feature to the latest version of its browser, allowing surfers to gain ready access to their favourite sites more easily. Speed Dial allows surfers to nominate their top nine sites as visual favourites that are immediately available in any new tab. The feature, explained here, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Gillian Seed

It really rocks

I have been using speed dial for a couple of weeks on 9.2 beta and it is a really usefull tool! Can't live without it now. I expect the other browsers to act in the usual "me-too" fashion and copy the feature.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Now where's the Firefox extension that does the same thing?

Anybody? ;)

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. Steffen Schubert

Firefox "Bookmarks Toolbar Folder" is more useful

I use the Firefox "Bookmarks Toolbar Folder". I can't see the site previews like in Opera but I have an extra toolbar with 10-15 links - also instantly accessible with one click. So where's the advantage of Opera's invention?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I find the "save session" works best

I've had one of the links in Opera open for nearly 2 years, but then, I use Firefox for web browsing and Opera for pron

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: "Bookmarks Toolbar Folder"

I use the Firefox "Bookmarks Toolbar Folder" too. With the "Name" field left empty there's room for thirty or so neat and unobtrusive icons for your 'most-used' links...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like