back to article Glastonbury data all at See

See Tickets, the booking firm at the centre of the Latitude festival spam outrage, has admitted that an "error of judgement" led to data on applications for Glastonbury tickets being carelessly shared. Martin Fitzgerald, general manager at See confirmed to The Register that the booking agency had sent out an email urging …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Rob

This is growning old?

Are people really still complaining about this?

The company has apologized and errors do happen. Heaven forbid you should be offered a ticket to another festival.... sounds like the world is coming to an end.

One young bored register reader!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Rob misses the point

It called the Data protection, and the way companies can and cannot forward data. If your bank were to get a third party to do a mailing about their products with your data that would be fine but if the third party then did a mailing for someone else using the same data without that extra box ticked it would be illegal.

However because this is the interweb there are no hard and fast rules as to what consitutes spam (in a political context at least) and I have a feeling that the office of the information commisioner wouldn't prosecute because.... well who knows, maybe they can't be bothered but they never seem to prosecute anyone.

3. ian

go on then Rob

What's your email address? Post it up here and see how you feel about data protection in a few week's time.

4. Mark Gillespie

Make a Complaint...

Whilst I didn't want Glasonbury tickets (who in their right mind buys festival tickets with no line-up announced). I urge people to complain to the Information Commissioners office.

Companies need teaching an expensive lesson, people's data is private, and if you chose not to share it, that is the end of the story. See Tickets need taking to the cleaners.

I am personally sick of Mean Fiddler, Live Nation and Ticketmaster with their continued spam, despite never asking for it, each time I opt out, yet the cra@p continues. The unsubscribe option (naturally) does not work.

5. Pascal Monett Silver badge

We don't want to be known as a spam company

BZZZZZZTT !

Too late buddy, you just blew that chance.

This topic is closed for new posts.