back to article VMware follows paravirtualisation path

VMware is joining the rush down the road of paravirtualisation already being trodden by the likes of Novell and Microsoft. It is introducing Paravirt-ops with the launch of VMware Workstation 6. This is the first commercially available system to support Paravirt-ops, an open interface implementation of paravirtualisation …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Guy

Speak English Boy

What the ....does a "hypervisor-agnostic paravirtualisation interface" really mean, I've just about got used to "heterogenous network enviroments" and still think mixed network is a lot better. Can we not get back to naming things properly, a spade is a spade, not a manual terrestrial concavity enabler.

thankyou for your cooperation

2. Geoff

Concavity?

<pedantry>

Actually your description is incorrect, concave means to curve inwards, since when does a spade help you to make something curve? It helps you dig holes and you could legitimately use one to dig a square hole!

A spade would be a manual cavity excavation device, personally though, I would be more entertained by a manual cavity stimulation device, instructional video's on their use are far more interesting.

</pedantry>

3. Robert Grant

Sort it out

1) The spade is creating something concave (i.e. going inward), from a word which means "hollow" in English. A perfect curve is not necessary.

2) Even if you bother to argue that it *is* necessary, a spade still *can* be used to make an inward-curving hole, a concavity, and an alternative label for it does not need to encompass every possible use a spade can be put to. Otherwise you'd have to call it a: concavity-enabling, convexity-enabling, grave-digging, decapitating, worm-bisecting, snake-executing, turf-removing, sand-transferring, zombie-smashing, snitch-bashing, impromptu sword-clashing, pedant squasher.

And many more. The last one was of course just my little joke.

4. Dan

re: <pedantry>

<pedantry bloodymindedness="What are these videos in possession of?" />

Eats, shoots and never pays the bill.....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like