back to article Salesforce.com embeds Skype into CRM

As part of its sustained campaign to dominate the emerging world of on-demand applications, salesforce.com has announced a version of the Skype Internet-based telephone software to work with its Salesforce customer relationship management (CRM) package. The special version of Skype, developed by the German voice-over-IP …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. 4.1.3_U1

sip

I must say I don't understand why skype causes so much excitement. I do have a skype account (which I haven't used for a couple of years), and as far as I'm concerned it's yet another proprietary protocol to encumber ourselves with. Do't we have enough of these already ... ?

VOIP is useful; at the moment I only use sip based services (which have obvious security implications) but I can live with this for the time being (I have the security of pstn / mobile to fall back on when needs call for...).

2. David Cowgill

Salesforce.com and big names

Salesforce.com is great at attaching big names to their products or messaging. Anytime Benioff talks about their AppExchange product, he mentions iTunes. He does a very good job painting a picture of what the products do by pairing them with very well known products. That's why he's so successful.

~David

Founder, CRM Blog

http://www.crmblogger.com

This topic is closed for new posts.