Toshiba is to start shipping laptops with AMD processors, effectively bringing to an end its exclusive partnership with Intel. The computer giant said it will add AMD microprocessors and graphics chipsets in up to 20 per cent of its Satellite laptop models. It's a move that could bring significant savings for Toshiba which …
Add Toshiba to my list of possible laptops.
Yeah, but no, but...
As a not-so-proud former owner of a Toshiba Satellite 1640 CDT with AMD K6-2 processor, it should (perhaps) be noted this is not the first time Toshiba has gotten into bed with AMD.
Hopefully this goes well for them and they'll bring out an AMD based version of the Portege... I like tiny laptops.
- Microsoft: We're hiking UK cloud prices 22%. Stop whining – it's the Brexit
- Despite best efforts, fewer and fewer women are working in tech
- And so we enter day seven of King's College London major IT outage
- Thanks, IoT vendors: your slack attitude will get regulators moving
- AMD is a rounding error on Intel's spreadsheet and that sucks for us all