Dixons Store Group (DSG) is losing its long-serving chief executive John Clare. Clare will leave the firm after the annual general meeting on 5 September. He is retiring after 22 years with the retailer, which included 13 as its chief executive. When Clare took over as chief exec in 1994 the main brands were PC World and The …
"DSG" != "Dixons Stores Group"
As of last year, Dixons Stores Group changed their name to "DSG" with "DSG" NOT standing for "Dixons Stores Group" at all despite the unholy coincidence... just three nice abstract letters. well that's what i remember from the time.
how's that for a petty comment?
".. in 1994 the main brands were PC World and The Link ..". Really? Wot about Currys and, er, Dixons??
- Ireland's tech sector fears fallout of Brexit 'Yes' vote
- Q. What's the difference between smartphones and that fad diet you all got bored of? A. Nothing
- Analysis Food for Deep Thought: 42 is IBM's answer to Life, the Universe and Everything...
- Central gov spent £6.3bn on IT. Nearly half handed to just 3 suppliers
- WD’s revenue wheels have fallen off. Profits are sinking, too