Dixons Store Group (DSG) is losing its long-serving chief executive John Clare. Clare will leave the firm after the annual general meeting on 5 September. He is retiring after 22 years with the retailer, which included 13 as its chief executive. When Clare took over as chief exec in 1994 the main brands were PC World and The …
"DSG" != "Dixons Stores Group"
As of last year, Dixons Stores Group changed their name to "DSG" with "DSG" NOT standing for "Dixons Stores Group" at all despite the unholy coincidence... just three nice abstract letters. well that's what i remember from the time.
how's that for a petty comment?
".. in 1994 the main brands were PC World and The Link ..". Really? Wot about Currys and, er, Dixons??
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Comment Has Europe cut the UK adrift on data protection?
- AVG stung as search revenue from freebie scanners dries up
- Analysis PEAK LANDFILL: Why tablet gloom is good news for Windows users
- Call off the firing squad: HP grants stay of execution to OpenVMS