Dixons Store Group (DSG) is losing its long-serving chief executive John Clare. Clare will leave the firm after the annual general meeting on 5 September. He is retiring after 22 years with the retailer, which included 13 as its chief executive. When Clare took over as chief exec in 1994 the main brands were PC World and The …
"DSG" != "Dixons Stores Group"
As of last year, Dixons Stores Group changed their name to "DSG" with "DSG" NOT standing for "Dixons Stores Group" at all despite the unholy coincidence... just three nice abstract letters. well that's what i remember from the time.
how's that for a petty comment?
".. in 1994 the main brands were PC World and The Link ..". Really? Wot about Currys and, er, Dixons??
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Brits' BORKED Samsung kit held up after repair centre slips into administration
- Updated Visual Studio Online goes titsup as Microsoft wrestles with database
- US regulators OK sale of IBM's x86 server biz to Lenovo
- Rimini Street promises 'business as usual' after Oracle IP judgment