Dixons Store Group (DSG) is losing its long-serving chief executive John Clare. Clare will leave the firm after the annual general meeting on 5 September. He is retiring after 22 years with the retailer, which included 13 as its chief executive. When Clare took over as chief exec in 1994 the main brands were PC World and The …
"DSG" != "Dixons Stores Group"
As of last year, Dixons Stores Group changed their name to "DSG" with "DSG" NOT standing for "Dixons Stores Group" at all despite the unholy coincidence... just three nice abstract letters. well that's what i remember from the time.
how's that for a petty comment?
".. in 1994 the main brands were PC World and The Link ..". Really? Wot about Currys and, er, Dixons??
- Worstall on Wednesday It's Big, it's Blue... it's simply FABLESS! IBM's chip-free future
- Routine WHAT NOW? Bank of England’s CHAPS payment system goes TITSUP
- Consumers start feeling the love as Chromebook sales surge
- Warning to those who covet the data of Internet of Precious Things
- Comment Reg man has the cure for IBM storage: Just swallow 10 firms