Dixons Store Group (DSG) is losing its long-serving chief executive John Clare. Clare will leave the firm after the annual general meeting on 5 September. He is retiring after 22 years with the retailer, which included 13 as its chief executive. When Clare took over as chief exec in 1994 the main brands were PC World and The …
"DSG" != "Dixons Stores Group"
As of last year, Dixons Stores Group changed their name to "DSG" with "DSG" NOT standing for "Dixons Stores Group" at all despite the unholy coincidence... just three nice abstract letters. well that's what i remember from the time.
how's that for a petty comment?
".. in 1994 the main brands were PC World and The Link ..". Really? Wot about Currys and, er, Dixons??
- Microsoft warns Windows security fix may break network shares
- Oracle loses (again) in battle to get Google Java case retried (again)
- RotM Partnership on AI to Benefit People and Society... Doesn't sound sinister at all
- Market pulls chain on Crapita share price after first ever profit warning
- Analysis Invasion of the Brandsnatchers: How Nokia and BlackBerry inhabit the afterlife