Dixons Store Group (DSG) is losing its long-serving chief executive John Clare. Clare will leave the firm after the annual general meeting on 5 September. He is retiring after 22 years with the retailer, which included 13 as its chief executive. When Clare took over as chief exec in 1994 the main brands were PC World and The …
"DSG" != "Dixons Stores Group"
As of last year, Dixons Stores Group changed their name to "DSG" with "DSG" NOT standing for "Dixons Stores Group" at all despite the unholy coincidence... just three nice abstract letters. well that's what i remember from the time.
how's that for a petty comment?
".. in 1994 the main brands were PC World and The Link ..". Really? Wot about Currys and, er, Dixons??
- How much do UK cops pay for Microsoft licences? £30 a head or £137? Both
- PC shipments slump in Q3, thanks to free Windows 10
- Oracle, SAP, IBM: They're rubbish and charge you billions for Excel, says man
- Don't panic, biz bods: A guide to data in the post-Safe Harbor world
- Dell seeking $40 BEEELLION to buy EMC NEXT WEEK say reports