back to article Microsoft recruits latest open source expert

Tom Hanrahan has left the Linux Foundation, where he was director of engineering, to work for Microsoft instead. His job as director of Linux Interoperability is to to get Windows working with Novell. That means directing work marrying up Windows and SuSE Linux in virtualization, Active Directory and eDirectory on directory …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. amanfromMars

Dead End Window...U Turn Needed to get Back to the Start of the Beginning

That is an article which proves that Linux/Open Source is the Future and Microsoft are looking to steal the Emperor's clothes?

An admission that their whole business ethos is shot to pieces?

Yeah, probably.

2. Ralph B

Dead End Window... but bigger pension

That is an article which proves that every man has his price. It makes for a more comfortable retirement - even if he does end up going to OSS Hell when he dies.

3. tim chubb

linux is only the future for those that care.....

everyone else will be quite happy with what comes out of the box

makes sense for m$ to hire people who understand how linux and similar systems work and behave.

Its not uncommon to hire a guide and or translator when in a strange country/culture. how is that any different from what m$ are currently doing?

4. Sig FPE

amanfromMars

Everyone has their price.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Another piece of the MS strategy against Linux / OSS?

When MS could buy out competitors causing it worry about it's own markets, it did. With Linux, there is no company to buy out. Therefore It needs to do things differently. So I guess the next best thing is to buy out the talent that keeps OSS going.

I could be wrong but I think MS will not allow these guys to carry on developing their OSS hobbies in private.

6. amanfromMars

When Priceless...... just think of ITs worth as a surreal credible number.

"Everyone has their price."

Aye, indeed they do, laddie, and seven sevens buys you a Plug In to C42 Quantum Control Systems and IT is a bargain in a small fortune which sells no one down the river [Styx to OSS Hell]:-)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like