back to article CSC to slash hundreds of jobs

Up to 300 UK staff at outsourcing colossus CSC face the sack on Monday, as the firm ramps up a programme of brutal cutbacks. Sources say compulsory redundancy notices, part of a company-wide restructuring, will be handed out across Regional and Global Operations, Global Solutions & Technology, Global Security Services, and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Integrator Endgame

This is such a bunch of crap for 2 reasons:

1. These huge companies constantly buy out small ones, give everyone a "We value you pitch", while they cherry-pick talent and right-size the rest.

2. They keep thinking they can hire new EXPERIENCED talent cheap- the amusing part is: most of these people don't exist. So they are forced to go back to tactic #1 above.

After experiencing this personally and watching it go on for the last 8 years, the only way to stop it is if everyone starts asking for money up front in case of right-sizing (say 10 grand) as a bonus.

I promise you this, the top management people will keep working there and they will get their bonuses while the people that were bringing in $ 140 to $ 160 billing an hour will continue to suffer.

Corporate greed has become so bad now, they will stop at nothing

till they finally screw up for good and are allowed to resign while they take mega stock options with them.

I had enough of this funny farm 5 years ago and Got the Hell out of it!!!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Typical PR Bull$h1t

As one choosing to take the money and run I cannot believe the rubbish in this press release...

Some of the most overworked departments in our line of service are being cut when there is already too high a workload as it is, I am so glad I'm leaving...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Getting the Hell Out

As with the first poster, I've been doing this work for nearly 10 years now (low compared to some) I've finally had enough of this after devoting my time and intelligence to three different companies who have downsized and laid off many (including me) so that execs and shareholders see a better return. My wife has reentered the workforce and I'm back in pre-med.

4. Barry

Got the hell out

I gave CSC the heave-ho three years ago, and I've never looked back. Taking a pay cut was worth it to leave that evil company.

5. This post has been deleted by its author

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Surprised because?

I was contracting at Motorola in 2003 when CSC took over IT support.

They totally and utterly destroyed a great IT team worldwide and I dont think Motorola will every recover. They dont give a toss about the companies they supply services too, nor to the people they employ.

Im so glad I only had to put up with these scumbags for a couple of months. Its jsut a shame so many companies have swallowed their line of BS to the detriment of thier profits and their workforces.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I agree with the above

I wasted two years of my life working at CSC. It was like a Roman slave galley.

Every know and then, the Global Vice President of EMEA would turn up and give us an hour's PowerPoint bullshit and we'd just sit there thinking WTF??

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Looks like I got out at the right time

I took redundancy from CSC last year after spending almost 6 years there. It was a good company to work for when I started, but by the end I was dreading going in each day.

9. Campbell

Circle

"The more time I spend in IT, the more I'm convinced I need to get out and start my own business. I could hardly run it any worse than the muppets I see currently in charge."

Trouble with that is companies like CSC would only buy you out. You get your fat wedge and your staff get the same shit-end of the stick as per the first posters comments.

(By the way that's the Royal You, not you personally) :0)

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Completely Stupid C****

"I gave CSC the heave-ho three years ago."

I jumped ship about 5 years ago. I voluntarily outsourced to one of their 'partners', and continued to work in the same office. I was treated with derision by those who remained with CSC, the last laugh was mine though as I sat on my side of the corridor, watching their team slowly being eroded with round after round of redundancies. There are now only two 'technical' people left supporting 400 users, whilst the "management team" remains untouched.

"I wasted two years of my life working at CSC."

I wasted four, glad I'm not the only one that felt my time there was wasted...

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Me too...

Spent 6 years for them on multiple contracts, working my butt off to help smoothly bring in transition, only to find that when I asked for something back (a site move, same job) I got royally shafted. When they took us over, I thought I had the golden ticket..by the time it was time to go, it had turned into a piece of old (used) bog paper...symbolically speaking of course

I warn against them whenever I can, to anyone who'll listen

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I took the money and ran last year

I spent 3 years with CSC after being outsourced to them from a company I was employed with for over 30 years.

After 3 years I'd had enough; more work, more pressure, replacing people that had already left with staff in India, then having the extra workload of correcting the work done by the Indians!!!

So glad I took VR under my terms.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It just gets better....

Today was more fun than usual. Several people I know were affected by the cutbacks. Today 1 of then was called to a meeting and told they got a pay rise.

This topic is closed for new posts.