back to article Spanish police arrest moby virus writer

Spanish police arrested a 28-year old man on Saturday they suspect of involvement with a mobile phone virus. He is suspected of distributing malware which targetted Symbian phones. The arrest follows a seven month investigation. AFP said it was the first time a mobile virus creator had been arrested in Spain. Spanish police …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Time spend ass covering * hourly rate = mucho dinero

nt.

2. Claus P. Nielsen

Commwarrior spreads by MMS as well ...

Sending an MMS per contact in the internal phonebook could quickly add up the cost if 115000 users were indeed infected.

And the administrative cost of all these users trying to reclaim the cost of all these MMS' that they didn't remember sending, could easily pass the 1 Million Euro mark all by itself.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Moby! Nooooooo!

Moby!

Not again! Wasn't this send the way of 'Lapy' or am I wrong?

It certainly should be!

4. Chris Matchett

The sub-title made me laugh

It's been such a long Monday that even the weakest of Monty Pyhton references will make me laugh

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: Time spend ass covering * hourly rate = mucho dinero

If this thing spreads via MMS as well as via bluetooth as the information on f-secure.com and o2.com tends to suggest, then it's costing *someone* a lot of money. There are roughly 300 phone numbers and e-mail addresses in my phone's contact list. At 0.30€ a pop that's about 90€ if ever I were stupid enough to accept and install something that came unsolicited out of the blue.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

*Everyone* expects the spanish moby police...

...it's the bleeding spanish moby inquisition they don't suspect, innit?

Sheesh. No wonder civilisation is going to the dogs if we can't even preserve our cultural heritage right. What's it gonna be next? "This is an ex-duck"? "And now for something moderately similar"? "Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say the first thing that comes into your head"?

As Shakespeare would have said, "To be or to snuff it? Wot-evva!"

Bah, hambug!

7. cruspi

script-kiddie

it's a bored script-kiddie, not a virus writer

This topic is closed for new posts.