back to article Microsoft shill blogs steal Reg commercial strategy c.2001

The Register has been appalled by Microsoft paying bloggers to write advertorial for its latest hype campaign. The reason? We thought of it first, dammit. In the past few days, John Battelle's (pictured) Federated Media blog advertising network has been bombarded by criticism after it got its name brand tech watchers Om Malik …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The Reg's Diamond Service

He's at it again, but this time in the services of your selfs.

is the picture of JB, pointing out one the benefits of the Reg's Diamond Service?

"* Fingering of any mole within your company"

I think we should be told?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

im confused....

....is the mole in question some kind of finger puppet? If so JB seems to have lost his.....

3. Rob Mossop

As opposed to ideas thought up by oxidised daisies?

"Federated's sponsorship boutique built a lovely bespoke website on Microsoft's behalf to contain the quotes and disseminate the idea, which was thought of by a person."

Eh? Is this because Redmond has some giant idea producing wonder-machine running "Windows Vista A.I. edition" and we need it pointed out to us that it wasn't thought up by this but by 'a person'? If it is we should be told, at once, without delay, I.... oh... the pills are kicking in again... lovely.

4. MaxCope

He's actually championing the people ready intiative...

I believe that you’re all wrong, JB is infact embracing "people ready" and taking it to a new "Interfacing" level, specifically the time honoured "sit and swivel" something I fear he'll be doing a lot of in the future ;)

5. Colin Jackson

Eh?

Who the fuck cares what bloggers get up to, other than other bloggers? It's all just a big circle-jerk by self-important wankers too wrapped up in their own private universe.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

You are clearly infringing a Microsoft patent...

...but we aren't going to tell you which one (in case you cite your Diamond Service as prior art and make us a laughing stock).

Just pay us for the infringement and we'll say no more about it...

7. Lee Aydelotte

Spilt Beer

Would you had been greedy Vultures and filed a business method patent on your Diamond service. The Microsoft royalties would have provided a lifetime beer endowment.

This topic is closed for new posts.