back to article Safari gets four new fixes

Apple has released four new fixes for its Safari cross-platform internet browser - less than two weeks after its launch. The new patches mark the second update to Safari since its release, and are part of a larger Safari 3.0.2 beta release for Mac OS X and Windows. Both packs contain stability fixes in addition to the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Edward Green

Text Rendering

At last text rendering works. I can actually try the browser now.

However the window still doesn't behave like a, er, window. I use tile windows vertically on my wide-screen monitor on a regular basis. Web Page on the left, Word Document on the right. Not an option with Safari. There are also some minimising issues with minimise all or show desktop. It won't go down to my Rocket Dock set up.

2. M

Hmpf!

...Bah Humbugs to bad programming!

3. Thomas Duffin

Still Rubbish

Worst browser ever

4. Adam

Re:still rubbish

Are you trying to sound like the comic store owner in the Simpsons?

"Apple has released four new fixes for its Safari cross-platform internet browser - less than two weeks after its launch."

Hasn't been launched, it's a Beta it was released to the public to find these bugs. If it was launched and was in this states then it would make sense to complain about it!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Weird headline day? / Not beta

@Adam

If you read the post on Errata security here:

http://erratasec.blogspot.com/2007/06/niiiice.html

about some of the bugs found you will see very clearly that many of those found are also applicable to the released copy. Anyway, a Beta implies it has been through some (Alpha) testing and that the most obvious flaws, bugs, crashes and failed features have been ironed out. The number of people reporting bad rendering and repeated crashes would imply that it is not.

@Emmet

When I saw the subtitle I thought it was a pangram to see if people's browsers could render all the letters of their chosen font properly.

Maybe "Gadz! Jobs' whopper fix quickly met vuln" would work better.

I'll get my coat and go jump over a lazy fox.

6. AG

Beta

@AdamV

"Anyway, a Beta implies it has been through some (Alpha) testing and that the most obvious flaws, bugs, crashes and failed features have been ironed out."

Rubbish:

- alpha: not feature complete, bugs

- beta: feature complete. bugs

- gamma (aka release candidate): feature complete, hopefully no bugs

Nobody forces you to live with beta software, you can try it again when it's final

7. Lawrence

alphabetagammawhateva

This time round it installs and works fine (so far).

I like it.

Pages render much faster than IE and FF. Impressive stuff.

Text are smoothed rather heavily so everything reads as bold, but I don't mind this at all as it improves readibility on my tablet's 10" screen.

I'm tempted to make it my default browser.

8. Scott Mckenzie

Title

It's been my default browser on Windows (and Mac) since it came out... i've not had a problem at all on Windows, though tbh i do most of my browsing on the Mac anyway.

It's certainly not Alpha...!

Anyway, as if anyone can sit their and slate Safari when it's clearly in beta and then continue using IE7, that's hardly a complete article now is it!

9. Christopolous

True!

I'm with Thomas on this one - definitely worst.browser.ever!

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

True!

Christopolous ...

Do! You! Work! For! Yahoo!

This topic is closed for new posts.