back to article Red Hat spreads its JBoss in Q1

Red Hat turned in a healthy first quarter amid signs it's evolving into a multifaceted operation, thanks to growing sales of JBoss and use of channel partners. The Linux vendor saw net income grow 18 per cent to $17.1m on revenue that increased 41.5 per cent to $118.8m, and earnings per diluted share that increased a penny to $ …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Conrad

Szulik quote

"Fielding a question"..."on the impact to Red Hat's business of Microsoft's claims 235 of its patents exist around Linux, Szulik uttered words that'll have pundits sifting for meaning or a change of policy"...

What's to sift?

"Look, guys, you keep asking us this question and frankly it's getting boring. Our stance *still* hasn't changed since yesterday. Or the day before. Or the day before that. If it helps, let me phrase it in my best Managese..."

Here's the translation: "MS are talking FUD. If they were truly interested in interoperability, then they'd come to the table wanting to agree standards with Linux companies - at which point we'd be delighted to talk. As it is, they're just looking to tie up interoperability into NDAs and a patent trap - same old same old. So we hereby call their bluff".

Seems perfectly clear to me.

C

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like