back to article Storm Trojan feeds on Independence Day

Hackers have launched a malware blitz that poses as a 4 July greeting card. Malicious emails, distributed worldwide, claim prospective victims have been sent an email greeting card, which they can view by clicking a link online. Varied subject lines based on US Independence Day are used to bait the ruse. Users duped into …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dam

Theory of Evolution

To be honest, the "victims" have it coming to them...

Use IE? Yeah right.

Use outlook? Yeah right.

Use Windows Firewall? Yeah right.

Funny how running a free antivirus, Firefox with NoScript, and Thunderbird protects me from most uuuh.. "threats" ?

When people smash the IQ barrier by willingly clicking on a *fucking .exe* hosted on a website with only an IP and no domain name, it's just a cry for help that echoes "kick me really hard please, I'm in desperate need of technical advice and common sense".

Behold the sheep that feed the AV industry, which itself feeds the virus industry...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Stupid is as stupid does

{sigh} Lusers, eh?

3. Jason Togneri

Darwin has been bypassed

Sadly, this will have no effect on the gene pool. These people will go out and find other people whose machines have also been infected because they clicked on an email attachment, and procreate...

4. Martin MacBean

So moving

I can't believe these were a trojan, the sentiment was so moving: "Hi. family member has sent you a greeting card." Who could fail to be moved & duped by such sincerity?

Family Member won't be on my Christmas card list this year.

This topic is closed for new posts.