back to article Dell tries to squeeze into small business space

Dell is sending a big love letter to the little people today as it looks to expand its customer base beyond price-chiselling mega corporations with a collection of hardware and services aimed at smaller companies. While the hardware is not exactly groundbreaking and the services themselves don’t put much clear water between …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ben Ruset

Whats the point?

They already have the Latitude line. Why not just make budget priced Latitudes? It seems like all they have done is taken the Inspiron, made it black instead of silver, and got rid of the bloat.

Dell, if you're trying to fix yourselves, launching new product lines that overlap other ones is not the way to do it. Use what you have, launch new products that fill the need, but don't muddy up what you have already.

2. Dillon Pyron

Surprised

I just asked my friends at Dell. "That's news to me" came one response.

As far as a data repository, I'm sure it will be kept someplace where the government respects the privacy of the individual. Say, the UK?

And 30GB? My 5 year old Sony has an 80 GB drive.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Too little, too late

As per usual, another large company shows it does not understand what SMB wants. As a person making a living out of supporting SMB it is a market they do not want cheap hardware, they need somebody who can make IT work for their business.

This involves working with them to help them understand their own business processes and then selecting the best software and hardware to meet their needs.

To Dillon, your Sony may have 80GB of data storage but some of that is business critical data. I work with customers who manage to fit all their data onto a single CDR.

This topic is closed for new posts.