back to article Dell parks notebook in Carphone Warehouse

Dell’s channel tyre-kicking stepped up a gear this week when it emerged that Carphone Warehouse is offering one of the vendor’s laptops as part of a broadband deal. CPW is tempting customers onto its AOL Broadband service with the offer of a free Dell Inspiron laptop, and wireless router. All customers have to do it sign up …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

awesome! that should teach orange a lesson!

heh heh

2. Greg

Hang on a mo....

24 months @ £20 a month = £480.

Laptop = £400.

Obviously, they won't be that price for CPW, but still - how much of the profit on this broadband deal is going to be eaten up in laptops? It's not like they're going to retain many customers with their current level of amazingly crap service.

3. leslie

Emmm...........

Gotta be a good deal compared to what I pay virgiNTL

It would get me to swap, mind you, a free pen would with the QOS I have add from bransons lot.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hmm..

Says a lot about the build quality and general cost spent no the Dell laptop, if they can be given away, I wonder how much money Dell see from the deal.

I can't imagine a Thinkpad being included in a deal like this.

5. Dillon Pyron

That's old hat

A few years ago, Best Buy was giving away (crap, bottom of the line) HP desktops with a 2 year AOL membership. So CompUSA joined the fray with (crap, bottom of the line) Compaqs (pre merger) for two years with Earthlink.

They "sold" them to punters (thanks Brits) during Christmas. Never saw the offer again.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Title

Unfortunatly being an Orange broadband subscriber I could not take advantage of the PC World offer. But I'm ready to move, but not to AOL at any cost. I'm hopping the rest of this dismal industry takes the bate, and starts offering similar offers, it sure to backfire. So bring it on. Who are we going to see first on the BBC's watchdog program!

This topic is closed for new posts.