back to article DARPA seeks 'Deep Green' battle computer

The scientists and engineers of DARPA (The Defence Advanced Research Projects Agency), the Pentagon's gateway to the technological left field, have struck again. The bulgy-bonced battle boffins have decided to sink some cash into an effort to develop a super-intelligent battle computer system which will enable US soldiers to be …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Computor to comant the Robots

This is just the latest step to kill the Fleshies. First the robots infiltrated the battle field, now the comand rooms. Whats next? Total domination!

Run!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wargames

Everyone knows that they'll call it the WOPR, not deep green...

3. Kev

Seriously...

have these guys never watched the terminator movies?

battle control computers, robot dogs

next they'll be using the thing to control all the UAV's

all they'll need is a few minigun totting californian governors an we'll be doomed. doomed i tell ya doooooooooooooomed

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

RoTM...

Yet again the humans lend complicity to the further escalation of the sentient machines infiltrations into our upper command eschelons! We're doomed, etc.

5. Dillon Pyron

Names

Deep Sky Blue and Deep Sea Blue or Deep Sea Green. Given the Marines' history, Deep Blood Red?

6. amanfromMars Silver badge

Game Running......

"Come to think of it, Deep Green might actually be rather popular in the army." .... Of course it will be, as its first target acquisition will the the Executive Branch of the Administration which sends its humans off to suffer War.

And the most dangerous/effective weapon in any arsenal ....... the man thinking like an omniscient machine .....for then there will be an army for peace which will target warmongers and idiots alike who would think that to fight for peace is not war and therefore justified and justifiable.

Strange that some do not think it a Present Condition Code Red rather than something to be XPected in the Future .."Whats next? Total domination!"

IT just goes to show you how Stealthy IT is Virtualised for ARGonaut Play. ....... for it is the DOD jumping onto the ARG bandwagon, is it not?

Play that Game well and you will know what Control is rather than always gathering Intelligence to find out why you haven't got it and suffer from attacks you call defence.

But you do need an ESPecial Level of IntelAIgents/CyberIntelAIgents to Play ITs Games for Real, Live and it is not servered by the Military Mind ......which is the Enigmatic Dilemma they face and which prevents them from ever Mastering AI Virtualisation, which is where Global Control is at.

IT certainly flies way over the MOD and their Intelligence apparatus, of that I can assure you.

7. srvr

SKYNET i tell thee! aka THE END IS NIGH or LEAST NEARLY NIGH IN A BIT

I always knew those films weren't fiction. I'm fleeing to Wales, no killer robot yet devised could conquer that lot. I considered Glasgow but i wouldn't survive long enough which sorta defeats the object.

8. Jay Zelos

Crayfish

"Everyone knows that they'll call it the WOPR, not deep green..."

And as usual will refuse to document the tech, instead relying on a single scientist who inevitably decides its all bollocks anyway and decamps to papal new guinea to research the mating habits of crayfish instead.

9. James Cleveland

Surely

It would be named "Deep Tan" or "Deep Khaki" based on the US Foreign Policy at the moment.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Crayfish

"Everyone knows that they'll call it the WOPR, not deep green..."

And as usual will refuse to document the tech, instead relying on a single scientist who inevitably decides its all bollocks anyway and decamps to papal new guinea to research the mating habits of crayfish instead.

...You forgot the pisspoor security: "What'll I make the password the the death computer, which has the ability to kick off Global Thermonuclear War? Hmm... What about the name of my dead son? Then I'll never change it. I'll give that ID root...

And another thing: Why were they running test programs on the production environment? Duh! That's just asking for trouble.

11. Danny

Deep Trouble

Humm, would the RN submarine system be Deep Trouble?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/comedy/deeptrouble.shtml

This topic is closed for new posts.