back to article IronRuby opened to all comers

Microsoft has released early code for its Ruby-on-.NET scripting language during a week of actively courting developers and community feedback. Four months after announcing IronRuby, Microsoft has released source code for the .NET scripting language under the Microsoft Permissive License (MPL). Microsoft is also accepting …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. B Johnson

embrace, extend, extinguish

why change the habit of a lifetime?

2. TimePilot84

embrace, extend, extinguish

Yeah, just like they did to... um... nothing.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

MPL??? Really

I see they are trying to cash in on confusion between the MPL (Mozilla Public License), MPL (Microsoft Permissive License) and the MPL (Mickey Pluto Lovefest). Note that the last of the three really depends on how permissive Disney is willing to be.

4. Alan Donaly

MPL

I would like to use that as an email quote why are you anonymouse can't quote nobody it's not sporting.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nooo! Do not touch

Play with fire,

Get burnt fingers

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Extensions?

Seeing the 'Embrace, extend, extinguish' posts it has made me wonder as to whether Microsoft have added 'extensions' to the language to make the code incompatible with anything other than .Net? Has this happened with IronPython? I wonder because this is exactly what they did to C++ and a host of other things. Can this be confirmed?

And what is with the Iron'Crap'? It just makes me think that they have extended it into new super dooper (but slightly buggy - don't worry it is fixed in the next version of .Net) Windows only Ruby/Python.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like