back to article Documents point to Time takeover of Evesham

Evesham Technology's founder and chairman Richard Austin became director of a newly created firm with links to TimeUK late last month, The Register has learned. According to documents obtained via Companies House, Geemore Technology Ltd was formed on the same day (20 July) Austin was made director. Geemore is also registered …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Evesham's recent rubbish service won't be helped by this!

My Dad bought an Evesham laptop recently, and not only did it inexplicably pack up at one point and require a reinstall (Dad is not the most technical of people and not used to computers just Not Working), but Evesham did everything they could to not honour the onsite warranty, and my Dad, who was previously a big fan of Evesham, is taking it back.

No doubt being controlled by Time won't help them much, I don't exactly rate that business' post-sale attitude to customers :)

2. Evesham Guy

thanks for nothing

So I wonder when the staff will be told what the hell is going on , Richard Austin tells us we will be paid for any days we work this month but nothing about when it's ridiculous the amount of years I've worked my ass off for Evesham . thanks for nothing :(

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What a shame

Evesham was really the last of the independent PC manufacturers in the UK.

I was given the full guided tour round their factory and offices a few months ago and I was glad to see that they had invested in customer service.

So it's a shame, if it's indeed true, that they've sold out to arguably one of the worst players in the industry. (Is Time becoming a clearing house for failing IT brands?)

I'm surprised that Charlie Dunstone didn't see the opportunity to bolt Evesham's products onto Geek Squad, TalkTalk and CPW. Of course I would have had very mixed feelings had Charlie actually done this, but I think there's less chance of CPW going tits up like Time has already done.

Time have never been known for producing high quality goods - does this allow them to differentiate in the market? TIme piece of sh*t for your average, know-nothing punter and Evesham for those who like their hardware to work?

Don't even get me started on exploding EMachines......

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Dissapointment

I'm a little dissapointed that we have had no communication at all regarding what's happening. How are we supposed to look customers in the eye and sell them things with warranties that probably won't be supported?

Hopefully we will know something soon, bring on redundancy.

5. Tibb the Cat

Evesham takeover

If the Mohsans follow the same pattern as the Tiny takeover, they will be negotiating a purchase of the stock and assets and will have put in place a new company to transfer those assets to - ie the new company you've just found.

However what you'll probably find is that Evesham will give up negotiating with anyone else, believing they have a deal- and the brothers will hold back on signing the deal. Eventually due to loackof progress the bankers will step in and force administration - and the brothers will be in a position to make a quick, cheaper offer to the administrators because they have everything in place already.

Anyone know who Evesham's bankers and auditors are - and which company is lined up as administrators if the banks pull the plug? If Grant Thornton are appointed things could become very interesting as they sold Tiny to Time and also sold the surviving Time assets back to "new" Time.

And of course this will be done under conditions of utmost secrecy toward the staff of both companies.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sounds all too similar

Everything above seems to ring true of what is happening at evesham at the moment, and some parts of it have already happened.

What a way for such a company built on a VERY strong reputation to go, feel for the long serving staff that are potentially going to get screwed over.

Disgraceful.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Evesham Micros

In my opinion Evesham have been a shoddy company for a long time. I had terrible trouble with them once when I discovered used parts inside a "new" computer. They will be no loss.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Mistakes happen...

and they were probably resolved, branding the company as shoddy after winning multiple awards is just bullsh*t.

however it looks like today is the last day

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

EVESHAM INTO ADMINISTRATION

DONE 5pm today

This topic is closed for new posts.