back to article Programmer granted royalties from commissioned software

A computer programmer has been granted royalties in systems he developed even though no proper copyright agreement existed when the material was commissioned. The programmer was awarded more than £45,000. The case was fought between programmer Stephen Landamore and the man who commissioned the software, Laurence Wrenn. The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Trevor Watt

And the moral is:

Always get everything down in black and white first, because when it comes to money there is no such thing as a gentlemans' agreement, even between friends.

2. amanfromMars Silver badge

An Officer and a Gentleman

Gentlemen don't deal with money, that is what their close friends are for?

"because when it comes to money there is no such thing as a gentlemans' agreement, even between friends." ...... Very the Love of Money is the Root of all Evil, Trevor. A Sad Love too if you Dare not Share the Beautiful Sins because of their Wicked Vices. But that is easily Fixed, Virtually.

Wouldn't you Agree?

3. Jeremiah Steidl

@The Invading Martian.

An Officer, a Gentleman and a man from mars walk into a bar. The bartender calls INS on the illegal alien, and the Officer and Gentleman wake up passed out in the gutter the next morning.

Ok, ok, so I can't tell a good joke...

4. john frey

another good one...

An officer a gentleman and amanfrommars walk into a bar. Both the officer and the gentleman get their drinks promptly. amanfrommars can't get a drink because no one, including himself I suspect, can understand wtf he is saying.

Well I guess that's useful when you need a designated driver.

5. Jamie Jones Silver badge

Re: another good one...

HA HA HA HA!

/me gives John Frey all his money!

6. Jason Sullivan

Title

Type your comment here — plain text only, no HTML

7. Jason Sullivan

Actually, the true moral is:

Don't come across like a jerk in court when you are giving witness in a civil trial-you'll lose every time if there's any room for the judge to rule against you.

This topic is closed for new posts.