back to article CSC cans project leaders

Yet more redundancies are on the way at CSC UK, managers learned on Monday. The outsourcing firm announced it would be making more compulsory cutbacks in a conference call. Senior bosses refused to confirm how many would be for the chop, saying they had not yet decided. Global execs said in a statement that the knife would fall …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not a surprise

I was one of the 300 in June. I was informed by email on the monday morning that my "position has been identified as one of those that is no longer required" and asked to go to a meeting telling me what happened next. The following day the meeting was postponed (definitely postponed and not cancelled). The customer expressed their displeasure in a fairly big way and finally on the Friday of the second week I got a phonecall to let me know that they had "reviewed the situation" and I was no longer at risk. I wasn't the only one this happened to.

They've got to make the numbers back up somewhere and heaven forbid that it should be one of the three managers that I report to. Or one of the six people who have to approve my expenses if I travel to another site, 5 of which wouldn't recognise me if I bit them and probably couldn't tell you which planet I'm on from one day to the next let alone which site.

And they seem to be puzzled as to why morale is low.

2. yeah, right.

I so glad

I so glad I left Nortel just before CSC took over their I.T. operation. Morale was low then, it must have a new definition of "low" now!

Yeah, it's quite normal for companies to chop the ones doing the work, and keep the ones that are basically just overhead. That's because they let the ones who are overhead determine who gets the chop. Idiots, the lot of them.

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. Peter Methven

Those with get up and go have already got up and gone!

My partner left CSC in the first round of "Voluntary Reduncancies" a year and a bit ago, at the time most people who were good at their job and could get a job elsewhere took voluntary redunancy and ran. Everyone suspected it was the first round of many redundancies that were going to happen.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And it continues......

Expect hundreds more jobs to go over the next couple of years or so as they offshore everything they can, apart from the top heavy management structure, oh no, that will remain.

Having left CSC recently of my own accord I can comfortably say I am very glad to be out of there, but I feel sorry for ex-colleagues who are trapped in a company with morale at an all time low. The people who actually deliver solutions and projects are treated with contempt by senior management, and you wont be suprised to hear they are completely devoid of any strategy to improve the fortunes of the company and address the malaise

This topic is closed for new posts.