back to article Gateway sells professional biz unit to MPC

Gateway is to sell its education, government and SMB arm of the business to MPC Corporation in a deal valued at about $90m. The US-based computer maker, which just last week was bought out by Acer for $710m, will be given close to a 20 per cent stake in MPC stock - worth about $20m - once the deal is completed. In a marked …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Gaterway's "professional biz" unit a Big Joke!

This is too hysterical! Gateway computers are pure shit. No self respecting IT manager would ever allow a Gateway purchase for his facility. The only people that buy any Gateway are the unsuspecting louts that listen to recommendations by professional Media Hacks and notorious radio whores like Marc Cohen out on the Worst Coast USA. This clown can barely program a VCR, but he takes Gateway goodies for free trade on radio payola recommending them to his few listeners that can barely plug in a computer. Oh, there are more like him all around the broadcast media too.

If MPC is buying this unit from Gateway, it's time for IT manager to write off MPC too.

Thoughts from a School Dist IT Dir.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

MPC is Great

I'm no fan of Gateway, at least not in the last few years, but I really like working with MPC. They have the best service I have ever received and they actually seem interested in helping instead of just doing their jobs like robots. When I call in to tech support I find I'm rarely even waiting on hold and the person on the other end knows what they are talking about and doesn't just follow a set script.

Don't write off MPC - they are really good to their customers. We became customers of theirs because of a buyout a few years ago and I'm quite happy with them.

This topic is closed for new posts.