back to article Barracuda snaps up firewall firm

Anti-spam appliance firm Barracuda Networks has bought application firewall firm NetContinuum. Financial terms of the deal, announced Monday, were not disclosed. NetContinuum markets a range of appliances that protect the websites of enterprises from web-based threats such as cross-site scripting or SQL injection attacks. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Steve Evans

While they're at it....

Maybe Barracuda Networks would like to inject a little bit of intelligence into their anti-spam product...

For example, putting a bounce notification limit count on the system so an email address which has been used as a fake "reply-to" as mine did the other week, doesn't get burried in thousands of "Your message was rejected by the Barracuda spam filter blah blah blah".

They caused me more of a headache than real spam has managed for many months.

2. Andy Silver badge

Re: While they're at it...

Same problem here.

It only takes a moment's thought to realise just how cretinous it is to bounce spam back to the purported sender. Everyone knows that spammers lie. Could it be that they just lack confidence in the product's ability not to generate false positives? I would certainly never buy it.

-A.

This topic is closed for new posts.