back to article Stats office deal sparks confidentiality fears

A union is warning that the privacy of sensitive information could be put at risk by a statistics agency IT deal. Proposals by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) to outsource its IT functions to Fujitsu Services have prompted fears from the civil service union over confidentiality of data. The Public and Commercial …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

time to stand up to the US

When will someone in our ruling class stand up and say no to handing over any and everything to the states.

Why not only offer the outsourced work to non-multinationals or at least EU only companies.

While we continue to bend over and take in the arse from USA they will continue to think they rule the world, since effectively they do.

Just what is it we rely on the states so much for, that we cannot get elsewhere in the world?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Fujitsu Services in nothing to do with the US

In reference to Jeremy's comment and I am not always one to back up large companies, Fujitsu Services although part of the Fujitsu Group headquarted in Japan has it's headquarters in London and employs well over 10,000 people in the UK. It took over and transformed the ailing british computer firm ICL. Unlike many of it's europoean rivals it does not automatically send all the work off to India to be delivered for peanuts. They also run many of the major systems for Government including the MOD and the Private Sector so I don't see the risk in them managing the systems for ONS.

3. M Gale

Too late

The Census 2001 itself was made with heavy involvement from Fujitsu-Siemens and Lockheed Martin anyway. Getting worried about it now is shutting the stable door after the entire farm has bolted.

I'd be more worried about the UK's national identity registry. Like the census, only doubleplusgood.

This topic is closed for new posts.