back to article Nanny agency hacking suspect cuffed

Scotland Yard arrested a nanny agency worker over suspected hacking offences on Monday. The unnamed woman allegedly rifled through emails in AOL accounts maintained by her former employer, Nannies Incorporated, while working for a competitor agency. The woman was arrested following an investigation by officers at the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. cor
    Coat

Uuuhm..

The "hacking" angle is what exactly?

Copy & paste does not (yet) constitute 'hacking'.

However, if the header was "Nanny remembers password even after quitting job, ex-boss too stupid to change it" I could understand.

2. Jay Roller

Another example of...

the nanny state?

Sorry.

3. Jacob Reid
    Dead Vulture

hacking?

I do not count guessing a password as hacking. Anyway, AOL users have no right to human rights.

4. Rick Brasche
    Gates Horns

the real criminal act...

....is any so-called business who does all it's correspondence thru AOL or similar. Criminial stupidity in the form of not changing passwords.

but it's really another step in the Copyright Wars. Criminalizing memory. Today, it's an au paire and her previous password. Next, it's you remembering that movie you saw, or that song you heard-unauthorized copies and unlicensed repeat access!

5. Jacob Reid
    Coat

@Rick

Now you've done it...

I was hoping the RIAA/MPAA hadn't caught on to my illegal repeat memory based access. Ohnoes!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

riaa

No humming, whistling or singing without paying a performance fee it's already here.

7. Mark Roome

Re: RIAA

and definately no ... KARAOKE either ....

but wait, that should be banned ANYWAY, never in all my life have I ever heard such bad singing, not even on Idols. And its doubly embarrasing to watch your drunks bosses singing it .... although it is good for a few .. laughs when you have it on video later.

8. Banjo

Oh dear

Naughty corner for her!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

ethics?

What about work ethics and trust these days or does that no longer exsist?

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Shared Passwords

If you share a password -- on a mailbox, a server, a domain or an application -- you may as well publish it. I've never heard of any operation anywhere that succeeds in tracking the spread of a shared password within the firm, or changing it when an initiate leaves.

When I joined my current employers, a dozen admins shared the same domain admin password inherited from the guy who set up the domain. They were too scared to change it because it was also a service account. By the time we dropped it, there must have been fifty ex-staff -- contract and permies -- walking the street with the keys to complete anonymous access.

This topic is closed for new posts.