back to article Word vuln stars in Patch Tuesday litter

Microsoft delivered six patches on Tuesday - four critical - as part of its regular Patch Tuesday update cycle. High on the critical list are patches for Outlook Express and Windows Mail, which cover flaws in the handling of malformed NNTP (Network News Transfer Protocol) responses, and a cumulative update for Internet Explorer …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Lloyd
    Thumb Down

They'd be great

if they would install without crashing my machine, it seems that certain patches look to install themselves on the drives with the most space, unfortunately this would be the drive I rescinded their permission to which crashes my box.

Note to MS, updates install on the Windows drive or in the case of office, in the office directory, you DO NOT touch other drives on my system, okay?

2. David Goadby
    Thumb Down

Usoft does a reset too!

After the current patches one of my machines was rebooted automatically. After the reboot an update message balloon said this was necessary for security reasons - whose I wonder?

The machine in question is an unattended server and I have to explain to my users where their Instant messaging and MySQL database had gone...

This really is taking the pi$$. Microsoft really do rule the world!

(Thankfully, I am slowly migrating to Linux where resets seem to be very rare - even after updates!)

This topic is closed for new posts.