back to article HPA outlines plans to measure Wi-Fi exposure

The Health Protection Agency (HPA) is to spend £250,000 on a two year research project to quantify everyday exposure to electromagnetic fields from Wi-Fi. The agency reckons this will give it some ammunition to reassure people that their kids are safe if their school chooses to use a wireless internet connection. The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Starace
    Stop

Likely result...

I would put a large sum of money on the outcome of this research being 'we didn't find anything yet but we need more research to be sure'.

At least that's the way it usually goes. Especially when the negative outcome is obvious from the start.

2. John King
    Thumb Down

What a waste

What if this research point out that WIFI networks in classrooms causes dyslectia, problems with 3D vision and unhappiness with an incident rate of 70%.

It is not likely that a nation-wide ban on WIFI equipement, and oh while you're at it mobile phones, with in a range 100 miles from a classroom is it? A waste of time and money.

3. Neil Woolford

@What a waste

I really do hope that is a troll...

4. J

@Neil

No, it's probably a joke but he got the wrong icon. Only irony could make someone write "dyslectia", no?

5. Dave
    Flame

icons!

Utterly stupid waste of money. I will do the same job for only 10% of the fee. I will report in 10% of the time and I give a solemn undertaking that my conclusion will not be that more research is required.

This topic is closed for new posts.