back to article Intel previews integrated DirectX 10 graphics core

Intel has unveiled the next version of its GMA integrated graphics engine family, a part it claimed will deliver three times the 3DMark06 performance of its predecessors, today's GMA 3100. Of course, the 3100 isn't Intel's top-performing integrated GPU - that award goes to the GMA X3500 that's built into the company's G35 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Bela Lubkin

missing crucial information

Guys, when you compare things it really helps to know the value of one of the things being compared. If I tell you my sister is 3x as old as my niece, it means nothing unless I tell you my niece is 10.

So if this new chipset is going to get 3x the benchmarks of the old one, maybe you could remind us of the old one's marks? Also throw in a quick reminder of what current top-end nVidia & ATI parts are doing.

Then the article will actually tell us something. If 20000 is a good score and the current parts are getting 3000, we know it's a half-baked attempt. If current parts are getting 8000 then the "3x" claim becomes very interesting (and probably unsubstantiated...)

Yeah we can probably look that stuff up ourselves, but you're the one writing the article, you can do this research once so that 1000s of readers (do you actually have 1000s of readers?) don't have to do it individually...

This is a comment that's been lurking in my head for months, maybe years -- you do this all the time. Repair thyselves.

>Bela<

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like