back to article StumbleUpon brings human touch to search

eBay-owned website rating service StumbleUpon has announced the launch of a new feature that will display users' opinions of a website or web page. The new "SearchReviews" service will be available to StumbleUpon users who have downloaded and installed the company's toolbar. Once this is installed, users will start seeing tiny …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dunstan Vavasour

Hmm

So, no possibility the reviews section will get spammed, then.

2. chuckufarley Silver badge
    Stop

This would be a good idea if...

...If it weren't for the fact that most people's brains get about as much exercise as a milk fed veal calf. After spending a life time being spoon fed adverts for thing they don't want or need but buy anyway I don't think they should be able to rate web sites. In fact I don't think they should be on the internet at all. Kick them all off and there will more bandwidth for the rest of us!

Oh, and by the way, someone stole my coat.

3. Mike Taylor

Anyone else remember third voice?

http://www.wired.com/techbiz/media/news/2001/04/42803

Just in case this gets treated like it's a new idea... Third voice 2.0... except the 1.0 was pretty much a 2.0 application

blah

4. Daniel Dainty

The reviews already get spammed.

And SU admins don't do anything about it.

5. Daniel Dainty

The reviews already get spammed.

And SU admins don't do anything about it.

"Great page! For more, visit my site - www.blahblahblah..."

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

*sighs*

Let loose a free for all service that let's individuals rate websites rather than relying on Googles algorythm to supply relevant results eh? Great! No one will think of paying hordes of people in the Far East $0.10 an hour to sit there plugging online pharmacies & pron surely?

This topic is closed for new posts.