back to article MPs claim IT supply savings

Whitehall has acted on the recommendations of a parliamentary committee by improving services and value for money, according to its chair. Edward Leigh, chair of the Commons Public Accounts Committee, said the government's response to recommendations in the committee's 16 most recent reports has resulted in action by Whitehall …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Rob
    Black Helicopters

Bleedin' obvious

Like any contractor is gonna shaft this dept of the guv.

Their more ferocious than the MoD.

2. Tom Chiverton
    Alert

Title

"save £1bn a year by 2010"

So where are they going to get the money for the other 90% of the ID card systems from ? It's not going to be us, the humble tax payer, is it ?

3. Andromeda
    Unhappy

CSA a pile of shite anyway

The father pays the CSA £100 per week and yet the CSA pays the mother £5 a week because she is on Income Support (either she is unable to get a job or too bone idle to get a job), where does the other £95 a week go? This doesn't benefit any of the children within that family, the father no longer has the money to be able to buy his kids shoes or take them out on trips and the extra £5 a week the mother gets isn't going to go very far now is it.

The CSA is only there to make the honest fathers who actually care about their children pay and screw them over.

If the mother works then she gets paid the full amount paid to the CSA by the father minus an admin charge.

When is the CSA finally going to DIE and do our children a favour. I, for one, would be quiet happy to pay directly to the ex-wife instead of that pile of shite government department so that my children benefit from the money and not someone elses children because their father could not be arsed paying.

It would appear to me, and a would like to be corrected if anyone can, that the CSA are quiet happy to hound the fathers that do pay than chasing the fathers that don't/wont/refuse to pay what is due.

I think I will have to stop there before this post gets ten times longer than it is.

Grumpy old man signing out.

4. The Sceptic
    Dead Vulture

CSA Purpose

No one seems to realise this but the CSA was never about fathers looking after children - it was about the government not paying for them. A subtle difference I know but a completely different perception of its purpose.

The government underestimated the peoples ability to actually realise this.

In the past - unmarried partners stayed with each other (or not), dad contributed to child & mum, was offically around.

Present - CSA try to take money and keep most of it, dad has second house which the DHSS pay the rent for, dad officially not around, child sees dad less as dole snoops report him for staying more than 3 nights a week.

In short - the system has damaged more families, cost more than it will ever make, tied up the court systems & made the government look like silly little boys for backing the system in the first place - I reckon some of their mates needed a job so they created the CSA to justify the post.

This topic is closed for new posts.