Intel's first 'Nehalem' desktop processors will be aimed at gamers, the latest update to the chip giant's product roadmap has revealed. Expect a set of four-core Extreme - Core 3? - parts codenamed 'Gainstown' and 'Bloomfield'. Gainstown will be pitched at dual-processor machines, for which intel is developing 'Tylersburg', …
Couldn't they have chosen a better name? Whenever I try to pronounce this it sounds like I'm clearing my throat.
> Couldn't they have chosen a better name? Whenever I try to pronounce this > it sounds like I'm clearing my throat.
Maybe you'd prefer one of
Chetco would have been a good choice to sow confusion
"36 PCIe lanes, allowing systems to host four x16 PCIe slots and two x4 slots"
4*16 + 2*4 = 36???
- Microsoft: We're hiking UK cloud prices 22%. Stop whining – it's the Brexit
- Despite best efforts, fewer and fewer women are working in tech
- And so we enter day seven of King's College London major IT outage
- Thanks, IoT vendors: your slack attitude will get regulators moving
- AMD is a rounding error on Intel's spreadsheet and that sucks for us all