back to article Never use an internet translator to hire a gorilla

In a possible bid for Mum of the Year (or the intervention of social services, depending on your views on such things), a Nottinghamshire woman sent a stripper to her son's school for his 16th birthday. So stunned was the teacher that she allowed the show to continue, as the boy was whipped and led around on a leash, until the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Matt
    Thumb Down

And yet

No mention of the comments that Orlowski attracted by finally putting comments on an article for once.

2. John Tserkezis

That gorilla again.

I got a stripper when I was 21.

Perhaps a gorilla would have been more appropriate though.

I mean, it WAS in a family bowling alley after all.

3. StillNoCouch
    Happy

Cow Tipping Gone Wild

Personally, I think the poor cow was high on AquaDots.

4. Chief sub

bad translations

The Jimmy Carter "I desire the Poles carnally" is well-known in the pantheon of classic mistranslation gaffes, as is JFK's "I am a doughnut" (though that one is scotched once and for all on urbanlegends.com). But one of my faves is a Braniff Airlines ad which, trying to attract customers from the Spanish-speaking world, promised they would fly on leather seats ("en cuero"), but instead put they would fly "en cueros" (in the buff). No doubt they attracted a certain sort of customer, but possibly not the sort they were exactly looking for...

5. Don S.

CSI Farmyard

I'm surprised no one has as yet made the connection between the cow over the cliff and dung sniffing.

Perhaps, said bovine was pushed over by some Columbians trying to "horn" in on the market.

This topic is closed for new posts.