back to article Symantec begins round of layoffs

Symantec is laying off an unspecified number of employees this week, the security software company has confirmed. The security firm would not specify the number of jobs to be culled, or the departments targeted for the cuts. "Symantec continues to have a strong focus on controlling its costs and has set cost savings targets …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Veritas Support

Does this mean that former Veritas support is going from bad to abysmal?

2. JeffyPooh

Symantec-Sucks dot Blogspot

I hope and pray that the morons that code their security applications are the first to be shown the door.

http://symantec-sucks.blogspot.com/

It was only a few years ago that I thought that their AntiVirus products were the very best. Every year they've slipped and slipped. Now their recent products (such as Norotn Internet Security 2007) are so poorly designed that you have to question the intellect of the people creating them.

If their headquarters is hit by an earthquake and slips into the sea please let us know as soon as possible.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

Norton 360 and Overpricing.

Personally I always used to update faithfully to the next version of Norton when released but when Symantec start putting products such as 360 on the market you begin to realise that Symantec has lost the plot. The average punter is far more technologically adempt than five years ago and you have to question just what market audience 360 appeals too. Pricing is also an issue, Norton products given the pricing of the opposition are simply too expensive.

Personally I have long been a fan of Partition Magic and I was aghast to learn that Symantec had brought out PowerQuest. The result has been that this admirable application has been sat on by the Symantec bethemoth for months without any real development. Really Symantec are doing a pretty good job digging their own grave.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like