back to article Intel's 'Little Otter' earns $22m from Google meetings

You've really made it in Silicon Valley when two of the region's elite firms overpay you for executive services. Intel CEO Paul Otellini took home a paltry $700,000 salary in 2006. The chip maker, however, padded that out with close to $6m worth of other compensation through option grants, incentive plans, retirement aid and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

I would really like

to hear whats worth all that money coming from him good god he must just smile and think shit I could do this all day. I think it would be really hard not to ruin it by laughing out loud seemingly at nothing.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

but....

is he happy?

3. Walter Brown
    Happy

@AC

he has to be... how could he not be, if hes in to tech, i mean really in to it, like a religion, how could he not be happy, hes the CEO of Intel and sits on googles board, how could he not be happy... its like he won the game, he runs Microsoft biggest partner and sits on the board of their biggest adversary...

With that said, as i consider my dislike of Intel, google has just dropped a few rungs on the ladder as i never knew he sat on googles board...

4. Player_16
    Coat

Laughing AT the bank

Now what the hell does he need to do with all that money NOW!! Pay the phone bill? Buy a new suit? Pay a loan off? (I know I would but 500 shares would do me quite proud and would leave me with enough change to get me a new suit and a car... a nice car!)

5. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Horns

Isn't it about time

they started off-shoring board positions to places like India - after all they have plenty of bright graduates and they could make huge savings for the shareholders and judging from most boards, probably not have any negative effects on performance

perhaps that is a service someone could setup

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like