back to article IBM sues Asustek over patent dispute

IBM is calling on the US government to ban imports of computers and networking kit manufactured by Asustek over alleged patent violations. Big Blue alleges that computers made by the Taiwanese firm for other vendors as well as its own-brand computers violate three IBM patents. The third-party manufacturers were not named in a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ian
    Stop

Disappointed....

How can you mention the Eee PC without including the "Babe on the beach" picture???? I mean it's friday and all!

Ian

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: Disappointed....

Hear hear! This seems to be part of a disturbing trend of mentioning the EEE PC without using the traditional illustration. Eagerly I leap on every article about the machine, but lately I'm disappointed every time. Shockingly, it's started to dawn on me that perhaps I only *thought* I liked the EEE PC ...

Kidding. The EEE is far sexier than the blonde. Thanks for the kinky pics with the USB mods, by the way, El Reg. :)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Phwoaarrr

Yeah, she could infringe my patents any day.

Blimey, it really is Friday afternoon isn't it. I had better go home.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

So it's Friday for you, but NOT for me.....

This guy is peeved that I get "Friday's" Register on MONDAYS - **ALWAYS** !!

And whilst I am GMT + 8 hours in far Cathay - I'm aggrieved that "News" is scarcely "NEW" by the time it finally gets sent to me.

"Letters to the Editor" on this subject have always failed to evince any response - so I'll have another "prod" from this location - Commie China - in the probably futile hope that this "Old China Hand" can - finally - get to read this news in a TIMELY manner !

I'm fed up getting my quota of news stories 24 hours after it has appeared.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What right have THEY to sue?

Excuse me for pointing this out but:

There is a group of American companies - LARGE companies - STILL trying to overturn the WORLD patents on wireless networking owned by CSIRO in Australia who invented the whole thing. Arent IBM part of this or have they paid up now?

This topic is closed for new posts.