back to article MySpace celebrity hacker downs hacking forum

A wannabe hacker succeeded only in getting a forum for a group he wanted to join taken down after hacking celebrity MySpace profiles. Tesla defaced the MySpace profiles of singers Tila Tequila and Justin Timberlake as well as actress Hilary Duff to post greetings to the Kryogenics crew. Aside from the greeting nothing …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Matt
    Paris Hilton

Facebook??

You mean Facetime, surely?

2. simon perryman

That's awesome

Hack three myspace pages no one cares about and get someone elses page taken of the web.

Genius idea for DoS attacks.

3. Morely Dotes
    Alert

Excuse me?

Facebook is an internet security firm?

Seriously, John, what did you *really* mean to write there?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Internet security firm...facebook?!

Since when was Facebook a 'net security firm?!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"facebook"? you mean Facetime, right?

...cause last time I checked, facebook were a social networking site, not a security company :D

funny story though, i guess theyre gonna have some fun with that guy. of course....what if it were just some idiot from a rival hacking group or something? good way to trash their sites etc.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Completely Lost on this article...

I've read it about four times, and I think I can understand

the English...but that's it.

Can someone more intelligent than me explain?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

@ Mr ChriZ

"Can someone more intelligent than me explain?"

No, because:

- if I'm dumber than you I wouldn't understand it either

- if I'm smarter you won't understand the explanation anyway.

Amusingly enough, I actually *am* a Mensa member (evil grin), but I'll be kind and give you a hint. FaceBOOK = social site, FaceTIME = security company (seach Google for 'facetime security' and ye shall find).

It's shocking that having the first 4 characters the same is enough for confusion, but it could explain matters with Bush who is obviously less equipped mentally and thus struggles with IraQ and IraN.

Now go forth and .., no, hang on. It's probably better to leave the multiplying..

8. Steve Scott
    Stop

IT'S A TYPO GODDAMIT!

All these comments for an obvious typo?

Wonder how many emails the Guardian gets every day from you guys...

9. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Sanctimonious Coward

... "Amusingly enough, I actually *am* a Mensa member (evil grin)" ...

The best thing you can say about Mensa is that it groups people like you and Carol Fucking Vorderman in one place, so the rest of us know where you are.

10. Sceptical Bastard

The original nerds' club

Quote: "Amusingly enough, I actually *am* a Mensa member..."

That doesn't amuse us so much as raise a well of pity tinged with contempt. Mensa is to intelligence what scientology is to religion. But cheaper.

11. Sub-Vulture II
    Thumb Up

Fixed

Thanks folks - we've sorted that now. Evidently we've all got the Zuckerberg brain-bug... bitch.

12. Smallbrainfield
    Paris Hilton

"Amusingly enough, I actually *am* a Mensa member"

When I read that comment, I imagined the voice of Comic Book Store Guy from The Simpsons reading it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must go and re-alphabetise my Xena Warrior Princess action figures, (boxed of course).

This article is suffering from a dearth of Paris Hilton, methinks.

13. Pete James
    Flame

sad, sad, sad

10 comments and none to do with the article. Most to do with a journo slip and the rest concerning some weird little club.

You really are a bunch of saddos on the Christmas tramp juice aren't you?

14. andy rock
    Dead Vulture

i do wish...

...you guys would use the term 'hacker' to meean what it aactually is and 'cracker' or 'defacer' for these kind of stories. this is supposed to be an IT 'publication' is it not? we're supposed to know the difference. and if we don't, you're supposed to be the ones telling us. argh!

"You really are a bunch of saddos on the Christmas tramp juice aren't you?" is the funniest thing i've seen this morning, btw! :-)

15. Damian Gabriel Moran
    Coat

in keeping with the rest of the responses

what is an iPhone?

16. Ian Ferguson
    Linux

Actually I am a member of Mensa

and as such would like to know what the Linux angle is.

This topic is closed for new posts.