back to article Adobe plugs multi-platform Flash vulns

Adobe has published an update fixing numerous security vulnerabilities in Adobe Flash. Earlier versions of Flash prior to 9.0.115.0 on multiple platforms (Mac OS, Linux, Windows) are subject to various security bugs that create the possibility of all sorts of mischief, including cross-site scripting attacks and information …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Richard Lloyd
    Unhappy

Old news?

The yum repository for the Flash plugin 9.0.115.0 for Linux has an RPM dated 1st December. Heck, I thought I was slow installing it on 7th December, but I guess El Reg journos don't update their Flash plugins very often and just sit back and wait for an Adobe press release (clue stick here - there's a Linux Flash blog that's worth checking out at http://blogs.adobe.com/penguin.swf/ - it seems to be regularly giving us development updates that are quite informative).

BTW, the vulnerability fixes are certainly newsworthy, but no less so than the fact that 9.0.115.0 now has support for H.264 and AAC codecs, plus XEmbed support for Linux. Mind you, they still refuse to release a 64-bit version of Flash for the platforms they currently support and until they do, I'd say it's not truly cross-platform.

2. archie lukas
    Coat

Flash oooeeeooo, savour of the universe

nuff said

3. Michael Hoenig
    Coat

@archie

Ummm..."savour" of the universe?

I think that should be:

Flash! (AAAHHH-aaahhh) Savio(u)r of the universe!

(Spelling provided for those of us on the west side of the pond, as well as the rest of y'all!)

4. lord_farquaad

surprising

This is just a little trick from Adobe to "encourage" users to upgrade to their latest version of software.

I read "The Reg" every day because I can see people "understanding" PR and not just replicate them. On this one, I think the message is not really analyzed.

5. Tom Chiverton
    Boffin

@archie

ooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooo is Who :-)

6. archie lukas
    Stop

Spelling bee?

Sorry I didn't realise that this was a spelling bee

I stand corrected, of course the humour was the essence.

We found after extensive research on 1000 randomly dissected geeks that they found correcting spelling mistakes more enjoyable and never seemed to get humour.

This topic is closed for new posts.