back to article Feel the burn: in the aftermath of year's biggest hype

Every year, companies and individuals in the IT industry - mostly CEOs and those in marketing - spew vast quantities of unmitigated hype. In line with this year's rise in global temperatures, the past 12 months saw a spike in recorded levels of hot air. Reg Dev hung about after the initial hype had passed to discover what …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Polly Filler writes...

So, er ... what was the year's biggest hype, then?

Perhaps the author forgot. But then the point of this article seemed to be to the kind of mindless space filler seen on every other tech news site, newspaper, etc between Christmas and New Year.

Please try harder - and wake me up when it's over.

2. alex dekker

Au contraire...

"Underscoring how far Google's platform ... has to go, ... was the fact that that ... Open Mobile Alliance ... lacks backing from ... Nokia, Verizon and Microsoft"

On the contrary, I think that lack of backing from Nokia, Verizon and Microsoft is one of the many things Android has going for it. Can you imagine what a handset designed by that unholy trinity would be like?

3. Joseph Zygnerski
    Go

And also

I expected Wikipedia to get a mention. I know you can't go over everything that happened, but I thought they had an eventful year, what with secret mailing lists and criminal charges exposed.

4. Ishkandar

Re. Verizon - biggest cell phone operator

How silly of me. And there I thought that China Mobile has 100+ million subscribers (almost half the population of the US).....

5. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Feel the Bum

"And there I thought that China Mobile has 100+ million subscribers (almost half the population of the US)....."

This raises the question as to how many American people that sum is worth to a mobile phone manufacturer; are 100+ million Chinese people as desirable as 100+ million American people? More, or less?

Foleo. Foleo. With an e.

This topic is closed for new posts.