back to article More woe for SCO as Nasdaq says 'go'

Battered unix patent warrior SCO has been booted from the Nasdaq after it lost an appeal against delisiting by the New York technology market. SCO told the SEC on Thursday about its latest defeat in regulatory filing. Nasdaq first showed SCO the door when it filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in September. The firm …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

sissyphean?

Was that a deliberate typo?

2. David Harper

It is an ex-parrot, it has ceased to be.

So when will SCO announce the closing-down sale? Anyone want to bid for Darl's executive chair?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Sissyphean...?

Sissyphean?

Did you mean Sisyphean?

As in, "incessant or incessantly recurring, but futile" and relating to Sisyphus?

If so, good choice ;-)

4. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

sissyphean?

That venerable institution Dictionary.com indicates that the correct spelling is sisyphean.

Unless you're coining a new word: sissy + sisyphean, although I wouldn't think anyone bold enough (or stupid enough) to take over where SCO left off would be considered sissies by any stretch of the imagination.

I suppose I should get my coat for being so boring as to correct your spelling.

5. Herby

Be the first on your block to own SCO stock

It will probably be available pretty cheap (more than before) real soon. If it gets down to $.01 it might be worthwhile for everyone to buy a single share so we can tank this thing (put into the skip!). If they issue stock certificates, a wall of SCO wallpaper comes to mind.

Can't say they haven't brought all of this on themselves.

(They could be bought out by Microsoft, but that is another comment...)

6. Morely Dotes
    Flame

@ SCO

Merry Christmas, you jammy bastards! That's one patent troll down, and a million to go.

You have to start somewhere.

7. Daniel Snowden
    Alert

All I can say...

Awwww, diddums!

8. heystoopid
    Pirate

So

So when are these wannabe pirates and wowsers being sent to the big house where they belong ?

9. This post has been deleted by its author

10. BitTwister

Understatement

"there is substantial doubt about the company's ability to continue as a going concern".

Er, quite. Unless 'going nowhere fast' can be counted as a going concern.

They really can't die fast enough, and I have a can of lighter fuel ready to squirt onto the funeral pyre.

11. Ole Juul

Success is in the eyes of the beholder

It's a long time since Daryl was quoted as saying that they planned to follow through with their business plan. Having followed this case since the beginning it is obvious that everything is going smoothly for them.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Awww :-)

What a great way to start the new year.

Now make it perfect by having the RIAA CEO's child charged with using P2P... Well these prerelease albums have to come from somewhere don't they...

13. Alan Donaly
    Black Helicopters

What I would like to know,

is why did SCO turn rabid dog in the first place when did they start using the Palantir to Redmond.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

@Herby

I actually bought 5 shares a couple of month back. The 5 shares cost < $1 in total. Getting a proper paper certificate cost $40 on top however! Still, I now have a piece of history, complete with Darth McBride's signature :-)

15. Stan

Hahahahahahahah...

Burn baby burn

16. Steve Anderson
    Boffin

Patentless

"Battered unix patent warrior SCO"

They hold no patents for any Unix code, IIRC. I think they have only one patent for something unrelated, and they're trying to move the ownership of this sideways into a newly formed company so as to not see it flogged off when the bankruptcy court has enough of their shenanigans.

The whole IBM/Novell/world thing they've been bleating on about for years is about alleged copyright of code, not patents.

17. Dan
    Joke

Sco Unix Technical Workshop

I received an email from Sco today about a "Sco Unix Technical Workshop" in Hygh Wycombe, Notting, and Leeds next month. I dutifully forwarded it on to the rest of the unix team and got the expected response.

"Surely "SCO Unix" is an oxymoron?" =D

This topic is closed for new posts.