back to article AJAX wave evades vendors

Ajax developers are turning away from commercial development tools and opting for free, open source alternatives. That's according to a recent Ajaxian poll that asked developers which Ajax tools they used either in development or in production. Around 75 per cent are using Ajax tools in some form or another for either …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Alan Donaly
    Thumb Up

Send more JS libraries

Every line of that code I don't have to write makes me feel more like living. I almost would rather develop in assembly no strike that I would rather develop in assembly language.

2. Christoph
    Coat

Dons Anorak

JSON is not a library pack, it's a data format - though there are many libraries for working with JSON.

3. Gareth
    IT Angle

PHP > LAMP miscommunication?

So twice as many people are writing their web apps in straight PHP than PHP in conjunction with Apache/MySQL/Linux?

Does this mean that many more people are using Postgres/IIS/Windows servers with PHP or just that the LAMP acronym was missed/misunderstood by respondents?

Also, are people writing 'raw' AJAX code (without a library) because they're not making extensive use of AJAX in their projects? I would not enjoy developing any 'proper' AJAX-based application without /some/ kind of library in place... a snippet of AJAX in an otherwise AJAX-less project would be OK though.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Gareth

You could write Ajax apps in PHP also on a WAMP stack

or any other Operating System, Database combinations .

LAMP is just the most common combination

This topic is closed for new posts.