back to article Crucial solid-state drive passes vibrator test

Vigorously shake a hard drive and you'll kill it. Lexar Crucial reckons that's just not a problem with Flash-based solid-state drives, and it set out to prove it... Can't see the video? Download Flash Player from Adobe.com CES 2008 on Video OpenMoko preps Linux phone prototype Microsoft demos Surface multi-touch user …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Gavin Grayson
    Paris Hilton

hmmm...

Given the title I was expecting to see another type of vibration production equipment and host of busty maidens, sorry technicians, to demonstrate...

3. Daniel
    Dead Vulture

so when does he change his name to ...`

... "Captain Obvious"??

4. Fluffykins Silver badge

Almost totally.......

......underwhelmed

5. James
    Unhappy

He forgot

to mention that any hard work will kill the drive as its can only write to each block a limited amount of times...

sorry did I say hard work, when i realy mean Windows obsession with page file will kill it.

6. Dave Morfee

Windows paging?

I seem to remember that Linux is worse than windows for writing to a page file, hence the guide for ubuntu to cut down on page writes when using the eepc

Dave

7. michael

re: he forgot

I beleve they have solved that problem or at least migated it I rewmber them saying they had incresed the limite up a factor of 100 they must of overwise they would not consider selling the product

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like