Computer makers saw worldwide shipments increase by more than 15 per cent in the fourth quarter of 2007, but analysts have warned that growth is likely to slow over the next few years as the credit crunch bites. Analyst firm IDC, which yesterday released its latest quarterly tracker report on global PC shipments, said that while …
$10000 for 16 pages ! Yikes !
The Gartner report you mention sells for US$9995, and is a PDF document 16 pages long (no doubt includes a cover page, a title page, a couple of pages of Index, a Bibliography page, and an almost blank back page detailing copyright information and Library of Congress number!) which might have 10 pages of information, double or triple spaced no doubt.
I wonder how many dollars a word that represents?
Time sensitive information
I believe they are helping keep the secret of GNU/Linux success on those shipped PCs... ;-)
- UK government officially adopts Open Document Format
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Worstall on Wednesday HP, Microsoft prove it again: Big Business doesn't create jobs
- Microsoft unsheathes cheap Android-killer: Behold, the Lumia 530