back to article HP and Deutsche Post seal outsourcing deal

Deutsche Post World Net AG has inked a letter of intent to enter into an outsourcing agreement with HP Services. Under the deal, Deutsche Post plans to outsource part of its global IT activities to HP. The Germany-based firm forecast IT cost savings of at least €1bn over the next seven years. If the agreement is finalised – …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Alan Jones

Alanj

Yes, DPWN certainly had to act. An impressive courier firm brought down by a clueless IT management. Whether HP can do any better remains to be seen - the babble of their VP doesn't augur well.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Boy oh Boy...

As a former HP (OMS) worker, I was quite puzzle to read this announcement.

I heard that the Deutsche people are quite organized and quite efficient, and as much as I know HP Outsource hand, they are .. quite the opposite..

€1bn saving over the next 7 years? HA HA! HP sold this turkey to quite few companies here in the Middle east. Guess what? You'll pay MUCH more then you thought to and the savings will be minimal. I know because I'm in this field over 5 years..

Poor Deutsche POST

3. Greg

Opsware

Kelly,

It would be really interesting to know who else was bidding on this deal and if EDS was in the mix. And it would be interesting to know if/how HP plans to leverage their new Opsware technology to deliver the services. As you prob. know, EDS was Opsware's first big customer and they actually bought the ASP part of Loudcloud from Andreessen so that he could do Opsware. Talk about biting the hand that feeds IT!!

4. Svein Skogen
    Joke

The logical choice, really

Germany has just outsourced its intelligence-gathering-from-skype solution aswell.

It makes sense to outsource their snailmail solutions to a company that has some documented experience in the intelligence-gathering business

I don't really see the problem. I'm not German.

//Svein

5. sun rock
    Thumb Down

The good ship itanic has arrived in Germany

Look out the good ship itanic is taking some more unwilling users on board.

Just goes to show that UPS and FedEx are king as DHL exits the ground biz in the states.

This topic is closed for new posts.