back to article Asus EN8800GT/HTDP/1G 1GB graphics card

The headline feature of the Asus EN8800GT 1GB is - as the name suggests - the fact that it packs in 1GB of GDDR 3 memory instead of the 512MB that you’ll find on standard GeForce 8800 GT-based graphics cards. When we unpacked the graphics card from the usual enormous Asus box, the memory did indeed grab our attention but not …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. André Marques

Was all the RAM being used?

How much RAM had the test rig? Was it running a 32bit or 64 bit OS?

2. Rob
    Thumb Up

EN8800GT 512Mb heatsink

Asus' new EN8800GT 512Mb cards (Both TOP and Standard) now come with it's "Glaciator" Heatsink, which does keep temperatures nice and cool.

It even allows the vanilla EN8800GT to be clocked at TOP speeds, which is nice.

Which version of SmartDoctor were you using in your tests? Because Asus have played with the Standard BIOS on the 512Mb version, only the latest SmartDoctor can read the GPU temp (but alas, not the fan speed)

3. Leo Waldock

@ Andre

I tested the Asus 1GB with Windows Vista Ultimate Edition 32-bit Edition with 2GB of system RAM.

As it happens I have subsequently tested a pair of PowerColor HD 2900 XT cards with 1GB of memory on each card using both 32-bit and 64-bit Vista and found no difference in 3DMark06 and Crysis.

I'm happy to accept that we're moving towards 64-bit OS and 4GB or more RAM for gaming PCs but I don't feel that we're there yet.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like