back to article Microsoft reinvents Office Live for small biz as 'free'

Microsoft has rejigged its Office Live Small Business product to pull in more customers by bringing three existing paid-for versions under one roof for free. Instead of charging for the apps, the company aims to scoop up cash by charging for some add-on tools. Office Live Small Business is aimed at companies with ten …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tom Chiverton

'free'

So, not, in fact, free at all.

2. Herby

"I'm from Microsoft, and I have something Free for you"

Why does this phrase strike horrors in me?

It is like someone saying "I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help you", and you know how that ones goes........

3. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

It's free... (A salesman's pitch)

No, you heard me right! Absolutely free!... What?... No sir I... If you'd let me talk... No sir I do not want you to sign your life away... Yes sir, it's really free... Yes sir... All you have to do is sign here... Okay, that's gr... Sorry?... Small print?... You want to see the small print... [DAMN!]

4. David
    Unhappy

Taking the piss

14.95 is really cheap for free.

Normally free is a lot more than that.

Microsoft makes Google look expensive. I use "Bring your own domain" to Google and I get free hosting, free docs, Picasa, Gmail, etc. And the cost of this free service is nothing. Now Google has some real competition. Nothing verses $14.95.

5. skeptical i

give and take

The first page -- the "what we'll do for you" one -- giveth; the second page (terms, conditions, and other fine print) taketh away.

6. Martin Taylor

Compatible...

...with Firefox 2.0? Presumably they mean "compatible with accepted industry standards"?

7. James Pickett
    Gates Horns

Free..

..until you actually want it to do something useful, then?

May I recommend Google Docs, ThinkFree or Zoho..?

This topic is closed for new posts.