back to article John Clare surprised at DSG raids

The former boss of Dixons Store Group International (DSGI) says he was surprised at the European Commission raids on retailers earlier this week. The EC raided a DSGI call centre in Hemel Hempstead, as well as the offices of German and French retailers on Monday as part of an investigation into alleged anti-competitive …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Vested interest

He would say that wouldn't he, being at the helm at that time and I'd guess he still has some shares...

"with retailers followed a strict manual which limited the rebates they could offer and other aspects of trading"

That's fine, but what happens first is the retailer is offered a much better price if they restrict / limit their sales of AMD hardware. I would think the same is happening at Dell; though Intel will be careful not to make things totally obvious - i.e. encourage a sales of lower value products at low volumes.

If they have 70% or more of the market I would think they should be considered to be in a monopoly position and regulated as such.

2. Eponymous Cowherd

What about Microsoft?

PC world have several PCs for sale without Intel processors, but just try buying one *without* Windows Fista.

(Damn, why is that 'F' key so conveniently close to the 'V'?)

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. Paul Talbot

Odd?

"I find it very odd that they [the commission] conducted dawn raids on a retailer"

Why odd? The investigation is (partly) into whether Intel are unfairly colluding with retailers to eliminate competition in the PC market. Why then would it be odd to raid the largest UK retailer they could be colluding with if this were true?

This topic is closed for new posts.