back to article HP pumps wee EVA box at big businesses

Hewlett-Packard is revamping the bottom end of its StorageWorks Enterprise Virtual Array (EVA) family with a new system the company says will better address that cherished lower-upper-midsized business market. Or was that upper-lower-midsized...? Anyway, it's for enterprise customers that are too big for HPs entry-level …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

SATA?

That'll be FATA drives. They've announced a lower end array that uses SAS/SATA drives, the MSA2000

2. palito
    Boffin

AC is right...

it's FATA, but I still chuckle whenever I hear this... I refuse to reference it as FATA, instead, I prefer the EMC Term "LCFC" low-cost Fibre Channel, purely because I don't have to say, "that enclosure is full of FATAs". :)

Boy I wish companies would run their names by their world wide co-workers, just to make sure it's not going to be made fun of.

Boffin, because thats what us SAN folk are.

3. dedmonst
    Dead Vulture

c'mon get the simple facts right...

its even there in the link you provided... the EVA4400 supports fibre channel and FATA (snigger) drives.

4. Pondule

SmartStart

SmartStart for EVA can setup the hosts but it's quite limited since it only supports 4 PCI-e HBAs, servers with older HBAs have to be added manually through CommandView.

5. b
    Unhappy

DEC's old technology still surviving?!

i come from the VAX/Alpha/VMS world, the best OS in the world ever.

"storage works" is a DEC term (Digital Equipment Corporation), more or less murdered by M$ buddy compaq, when they bought it for $7bn, like 96 or 97 or something..

M$ clustering ("wolfpack" at one time) was never going to match DECs trusty and PROVEN clustering and redundancy tech.

still doesn't, to my knowledge.

HP bought compaq, obviously kept some stuff and sold it on to some koreans, if my memory serves me correctly.

dam shame about DEC. i thought they were going to rule the world and i was going to ride on it's coat tails..i was a DCL script wizard ;)

BAH!

This topic is closed for new posts.