back to article Tablet users jump for joy over K-Sketch

K-Sketch, a new application for the Tablet PC platform, allows animations to be created from sketches just by dragging them around the screen. Tablet PC users were teased with a video of the platform two years ago. Most Tablet users never get round to twisting their keyboards under their screens, and truly keyboard-less …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Stu
    Alert

No apps for Tablet???

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/tabletpc.mspx

My HP TC4400 has had these installed for a long while, you get bored of them after a while. Suffice to say theres a drawing and animating package in there.

After skimming thru the manual for K-Sketch it seems there are no physics in-built for autonomous gravitational and kinetics animation - you draw the paths yourself. A real shame as I thought it would have been natural to build physics into such a thing.

Theres a physics sim in the MS tablet powertools. Works pretty good but is simplistic.

2. Wyrmhole

Tablet PCs

I like to think tablet PCs will really shine in the so-called creative industries (not just visual arts) once PC makers stop putting 5 year-old CPUs in them. Beyond office use the keyboard+mouse method can be really limiting. I recommended to one of my friends who works in audio production to buy a cheap graphics tablet and he can't stop talking about how much more efficiently he can get stuff done now. I personally can't wait till we have OS's that support multitouch tablet PCs.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Good enough for Stargate Atlantis

They seem to be the main type of computer in use in the Pegasus Galaxy. Perhaps the hefty price tag is holding things back here in the Milky Way

This topic is closed for new posts.