back to article IBM takeover of Telelogic is cleared

EU competition regulators have approved IBM’s takeover of Swedish software company Telelogic. The European Commission said in a statement that, following an anti-trust investigation that kicked off last October, “the transaction would not significantly impede effective competition.” Big Blue had, through its wholly-owned …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mark
    Gates Horns

Anyone used Telelogic Synergy?

It's a painful experience, clunky user interface, abysmal performance.

It will suit IBM's suite of software nicely... I can't wait for the Synergy Lotus Notes integration.... :-(

2. SolidPig
    Unhappy

Re: Telelogic Synergy

Sure the interface was shit, and the performance was ropey as the repository got bigger, but I never EVER lost any source code in it during the 5 years i used it.

Which is a fuck lot more than I can say for any of the other source control products I've used. MKS SI and Source Safe? Don't make me laugh.

Thank the lord for Subversion and TortoiseSVN!!!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Not used Synergy, but Tau

Telelogic Tau is (allegedly) a UML tool.

If I was forced to keep a top 10 of worst-software-I've-ever-used (and it would be incredibly difficult to keep it down to 10), this steaming miasma of software incompetence would be guaranteed a permanent place within.

I'm lost for words (or more accurately, words that aren't libellous), but I can say that only IBM could possibly think this company is worth buying.

4. Nipsirc

@Mark

Even more suited to IBM, doesn't it run on Informix? It is *really* dire, I know that.

5. Senor Beavis
    Stop

@ Mark

Anyone who names a product "Synergy" deserves to be sacrificed to the grammar trolls on the decimation thread

6. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

What on earth were IBM thinking??

Telelogic would have to pay ME to take their streaming pile of crap of their hands..

7. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Gotta love that UI

Its definately up there with Lotus Notes in terms of the User Interface which only a Decrepid Paraplegic Thalidomide victim could have devised. I'll get my coat now and catch the Bus to hull....

8. Mark
    Gates Horns

Telelogic feature request.

You know when you exit Synergy, is asks if you REALLY want to exit.

How about a dialog when you try and open Synergy, asking if you REALLY want to open it? Most times I will think about it for 10 nanoseconds, and click no...

This topic is closed for new posts.